The Parent-Teacher Association of the Columbia Secondary School for Math, Science and Engineering, Inc. (PTA) and its members are the most active supporters of our school. The mission of our PTA is to advocate for better education and opportunities for success for all children through parental engagement that is meaningful and can empower families to become activists for their children.
We align our values to those of the National PTA:
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives. (source: NationalPTA).
The PTA works hard to raise funds to support the development of our students both academically and socially through different activities and special programming. By being a parent you automatically become a member of the PTA. Voluntary annual donations are welcome and help support our efforts. The PTA suggests a $250 voluntary annual donation per family but any amount is appreciated. We count on your voluntary membership donation to fund an array of activities and programming that otherwise would not be possible.
Teachers, access the 23-24 PTA grant request form here!
Curriculum Presentation at PTA Meeting
Executive Function Presentation
or use the QR code below