The main goal of the CSS science department is to provide students with a comprehensive and high-quality science education that prepares them for further study in science and related fields. Throughout the seven-year course sequence students will:
- Develop curiosity and interest in science, asking questions and exploring the world around them.
- Gain a solid foundation in scientific skills and practices that provide the ability to analyze and understand scientific phenomena.
- Learn key concepts and principles of science, including the nature of matter, energy, and life, as well as the laws and principles that govern the physical and natural world.
- Develop an understanding of the interconnections between science and other areas of knowledge, such as technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Further critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills to become independent learners.
- Appreciate the relevance and impact of science on their daily lives and in the broader world around them, understanding the ethical and social implications of scientific discoveries and technologies.
- Engage in hands-on and laboratory-based activities that allow them to explore scientific concepts and principles in a more concrete and interactive way.
- Prepare for further study in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields and careers.