The main goal of the CSS science department is to provide students with a comprehensive and high-quality science education that prepares them for further study in science and related fields. Throughout the seven-year course sequence students will:
- Develop curiosity and interest in science, asking questions and exploring the world around them.
- Gain a solid foundation in scientific skills and practices that provide the ability to analyze and understand scientific phenomena.
- Learn key concepts and principles of science, including the nature of matter, energy, and life, as well as the laws and principles that govern the physical and natural world.
- Develop an understanding of the interconnections between science and other areas of knowledge, such as technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- Further critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills to become independent learners.
- Appreciate the relevance and impact of science on their daily lives and in the broader world around them, understanding the ethical and social implications of scientific discoveries and technologies.
- Engage in hands-on and laboratory-based activities that allow them to explore scientific concepts and principles in a more concrete and interactive way.
- Prepare for further study in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields and careers.
ICT STEM Teacher
Professor Crawford is a learning specialist teaching 6th grade math and science. She re...
ICT STEM Teacher
Professor Thomas McDonough teaches high school mathematics courses including Geometry a...
Professor Amanda Valenti teaches 10th Physics and 11th/12th grade AP Physics. She ...