- Check Your CSS Email Daily - information about the activities and opportunities described below will be sent via email! Both students and parents should have a working CSS email account. Contact Parent Coordinator Isis Ramos for help.
- Apply to COMPASS at CSS
- Attend the CSS College info. session in October
- Explore and join extracurricular activities (at CSS or otherwise)
- Keep Your Grades Up! Remember your performance in your 10th grade courses are averaged into your final GPA
- Visit workplaces you may be interested in or participate in job shadowing opportunities
- Attend College Rep Visits at CSS
- Attend College Fairs
- Explore Colleges Through Visits & Events on Campus
- Take the PSAT at CSS in the spring CSS registers all students for this in-school administration. There is no cost.
- Attend CSS College Trip in the fall
- Have a conversation about family finances, and how much money is available for college
- If eligible, consider taking a college class at CU or CUNY (talk to one of the college counselors about what makes sense).
- Pursue meaningful summer opportunities
NOTE: You will be going on a whole-grade college trip to an institution outside of the city in November. Make sure to get your permission slip in on time! In March on the day of parent-teacher conferences, you will participate in college and career readiness workshops, including creating an account on Naviance.