At Home PE/Health Assignment
At Home PE/Heath Assignment
Students for both Physical education and health will need to maintain one journal providing the required information as detailed below. Journals should be set up as a google doc and can be an ongoing with new entries at top of the document. Journals are due each Friday (1st entry due Mar 27th) and will be assessed each week. This journal will apply toward both PE and Health credit if you are also presently taking a health class.
*HS (all PE and Health) - share your journal with Prof. Kornely via Google Classroom
(incl. Profs. Harrigan/DeLucia health classes)
*MS - share your journal with Prof. DeLucia via an ongoing google doc.
A list of examples:
- Do the laundry
- Fold clothes/iron
- Wash dishes
- Wash windows
- Clean bathrooms - toilets/shower/bath/floors
- Wipe down high touch surfaces (walls, lightswitches, knobs…)
- 20 minutes of movement in your home. Perhaps a tabata or interval of grouped exercises.
- Cardio - run/jog in place, burpees, jumping jacks, jump rope (or fake it)
- Strength - push ups, squats, wall sit, plank, dips, lunges, calf raises, lateral leg raises, shoulder raises/press, crunches/sit ups, supermans
- Flexibility - transitions (upward dog to downward dog), pigeon, straddle, sun salutations, butterfly.
- Take a walk outside, but away from others. Keep it simple and just walk around the block or even just up and down your own street.
- Take the stairs. If you’re in a building - get on the staircase and just go up and down for 20 min. You control the speed.
- Use your creativity and simply document the details. Did you find and use an online resource or workout video? Provide the link.