Overview of English
The English Language Arts curriculum at CSS is a vertically-aligned, seven-year program designed to foster intellectual inquiry, analytical skills, and creativity.
The ELA team is committed to a curriculum that reflects a diversity of authorial voices, of narrative styles, of characters, and of their experiences. Through the program, students will increasingly:
- Develop their sensitivity to rhetoric and literary craft
- Examine texts through a variety of critical lenses
- Encounter a broader scope of historical literature
- Consider readings as manifestations of both individual and social experience
- Consider their own identities and their place in the world